An emerging concept in India, master data management strategy helps companies consolidate and
leverage business data accurately. This maneuvering can do more than just arriving at a ‘single
version of the
truth’. This comprehensive guide put together by our IT experts will help you optimize your master data management strategy and get the best out of your MDM strategy.
In this Guide:
- Fast guide on master data management strategy
- How did the MDM architecture evolve?
- 13 master data management terms defined
Strategic trends in master data management
- Cloud’s role in the future of MDM
- The importance of analytical MDM process
- Contribution of analytical MDM to BI, enterprise MDM
- Business prospects of master data management
- A true Hollywood story
- Five master data management mistakes to avoid
- Gather business requirements for MDM projects?
- Significance of data stewardship, governance to ERP MDM projects
- MDM tools vendor selection criteria
- Secrets to building MDM business case
- Focus on business benefits to sell MDM to executives
- Five ways CDI can help your organization
- Getting started with CDI implementation
An effective master data management strategy can help an organization to consolidate its data while making it available to the relevant entities, and to keep it accurate, updated. It is a strategic resource for time-constrained managers. Download the master data management PDF for free!
Want to learn about the evolution of master data management architecture? Look no further. Find it all here. Learn how MDM architecture has changed over the years; gain insight on architectural
considerations for a good master data management strategy.
To help you define your long term strategy for master data management, we have compiled a list of the top master data management terms, definitions, and concepts. Learn how an end-to-end master data management strategy can improve your profitability. Also explore other useful MDM tutorials, training, video, podcasts, and more.
Strategic trends in master data management
- Companies chalk out their master data management strategies for vastly different reasons. Is an analytical master data management strategy just a starting point for enterprise MDM? Get consultant William McKnight’s take on the relationship between analytical and operational MDM.
- Analytical MDM projects can be a good jumping-off point for achieving larger-scale enterprise master data management objectives. But careful planning is crucial, warn the experts.
- According to U.K.-based analyst firm Information Difference, the strategic importance given to master data management (MDM) deployments is on the rises. What are the driving factors behind increasing MDM deployments? For one, it is data quality. Read further to identify other important determinants.
- Best practices
With innumerable ‘titles’ in the company’s digital library and with IT transforming how movies and TV programs are created, stored, and distributed, the IT team at Sony Pictures felt the need for a proper master data management strategy. Find out how it met this challenge with a successful MDM project rollout at a time when there was no support from the business side of the organization.
- An analytical master data management strategy can serve as the backbone of data warehousing and business intelligence (BI) initiatives by ensuring that the data used for reporting and analysis is clean and consistent. But such initiatives can go horribly wrong, thanks to some common missteps. Take strategic precautions when designing and implementing an analytical master data management project.
- Do you need to gather business requirements for an MDM project? Learn how functional requirements are the key differences between the master data management and BI development processes.
- Master data management adoption has witnessed a massive explosion and MDM tools are fast turning into necessities. Shape your master data management strategy by selecting the right product vendor.
- Getting the CFO’s nod to your master data management project can be a challenge if the strategic benefits of project are not spelt out. Use these smart tips to cut to the chase and pocket that MDM tools investment. Master the art of pitching the business case to the top management.
- A subset of master data management, customer data integration (CDI) helps you better understand your customer by integrating and leverage the customers’ data collected at every touch point. Know how CDI can deliver strategic yields to your master data management efforts.
- Since customer data integration (CDI) is one of the new technologies under master data management that Indian companies have set their eyes on, designing its strategy will require taking a few precautionary steps. Get started on your CDI project with these useful tips from data integration expert Evan Levy of Baseline Consulting.
This was first published in August 2011